BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 17, 2009

He always provides.

    A few weeks ago I finally received the acceptance letter to Fruitland. I was thrilled. I knew I would get in but I was still waiting with only a month to go until classes start. Well, time has been ticking by and everyone keeps asking when I am going to school. My boss wants to know so he can look for a replacement but most were just curious or excited for me. I kept telling them I did not know for sure. I wonder sometimes what would happen if we actually told people what we believed. I have been telling Crystal for weeks that I was going to prepare like I was going and that I felt God would provide in the end. I went out and bought a backpack when they were on sale to hold my books and my computer. I have been trying to slowly pick up jeans and some decent button down shirts so I would have enough clothes to make it through the whole week. I picke3d up spare toiletries and priced out bed sheets as well as planning out the heavier blankets I would need to bring with. I have been crunching down to pay off as much outstanding debt as I can before I go.

    Hal asked me s couple of weeks ago how I was feeling. I told him I felt the kind of anxiousness that a guy feels when he has a vacation road trip planned at the end of the week. You may be all packed and ready to go, have all your sightseeing planned, and have a good stockpile of roadmaps in the car, but the day is Monday and you still have to wait all week for Friday. Well, the waiting is over and Friday is here. I told Crystal that now that I had been accepted, all I needed was the tuition money and a job. I told her that if we got the tuition money I would let God worry about the job as well since He has done all the rest anyway this is His plan. Things were getting close and even my boss was starting to wonder if I was ever going to give notice. Today I received an e-mail from Pastor Bobby. He informed me that someone had come forward and asked volunteered to pay my first quarter tuition. Now to some people this may sound odd. I was thankful and happy, but not at all surprised. Deep down I knew God would move I someone's heart to help us out. I knew that these walls that seem insurmountable to us are just cracks in the sidewalk to God. If it is in His plan He can overcome any odds to accomplish it and will if we ask Him to.

Thank you for guiding my path, Lord. Please help me to never let you down and to lean on your word day and night. Help my family and I learn whatever lessons you long to teach us and give us joy through all our trials.

0 comments: