BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Interesting conversation


I just had the opportunity to speak to some Mormons and I found myself realizing how important it is that I take the time to learn about what other reliigions believe.  I want to make sure I have the facts straight.  That said I followed their advice that if I really want to know what they believe, I checked out their website.  From reading it I found that on the surface they believe Jesus died for our sins.  Based on this, it is possible that many mormons may be saved and will see the kingdom of God.  That being said I also came across a lot of stuff that down right contradicts the Bible.  What concerns me most is their view of what it takes to get into heaven.  They have a three fold view of heaven where the top level is for those who accept Christ, repent, and live according to the commandments.  The second level is for those that except Him but do not repent or change their way of living.  The bottom level is for those that accept Christ only AFTER death.  The problem isn't that some may get saved but that they teach that repentance is not a part of salvation and that you will have a finally opportunity after death.  This view is going to doom many to eternity in Hell.   The Bible clearly teaches that man is to die once...and then judgment.  Also, we have a limited opportunity to accept the gospel here on earth.  This is just the most blatant misunderstanding of Biblical teaching.  There are many others.

Location : 3555 Lake Bluff Dr, Sherrills Ford, NC 28673,

0 comments: