BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Great Week at Fruitland

    This week God has shown us how great he is. When I left to come out here this week I had $13 and some change in the bank and $22.45 in cash. I put $12.50 in my tank using the debit card which left me about $1.85 available in all 3 accounts combined. I drove out to school. When I got here, I knew I would need gas to get home so I went ahead and put $12.45 in gas back into my tank, and I prayed that it would be enough to get me home on Friday. Well, I still had $10.00 left that I had saved for a special purpose. Part of me was saying that IO should put $5.00 in my tank to be sure I would have enough to make it home. Well, I decided against it and continued on to school. Later that night Crystal called me and said that some friends of ours had given her parents $100.00 to give to us. I was floored. This just came out of the blue, and completely unlooked for.

    The next day when I was going into chapel I could not help thinking about the fact that God had given me tenfold what I had given for His children. While I was visiting with a friend that had come the school for Founders Day, Lisa Horton, the wife of the President of Fruitland came up to me and handed me a card. She said that it had come to her house in my name. Upon looking at the address I found it was from a couple I had met that belonged to David's last church whom I had met around Christmas time. When I opened the card I found a check for $100.00. Our God is an awesome God. To top it all off, I may have a job next week and our family was invited to join some friends of ours for a week at the Outer Banks, NC in a prepaid house. We need to talk about it, but I am floored at all the ways God has blessed us.

    Today our Literature class canceled class and we went down to the county courthouse for an hour of prayer and worship for the National Day of Prayer. It was wonderful to here all those voices in the open air singing praises and lifting up sweet smelling incense to Heaven. It was as if the Holy Spirit inside me was smiling back at God the father and Jesus Christ as they bathed us in their love. The event went completely unopposed. It was wonderful. I would love to see a day we can do that every day and everywhere. Thank you, Jesus!


 


 

Jesus loves me this I know,

For the Bible tells me so.


 

Little ones to Him belong,

They are weak,

But He is strong.


 

Yes, Jesus loves me,

Yes, Jesus loves me.


 

Yes, Jesus loves me,

For the Bible tells me so.

0 comments: