BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2nd Quarter



 

    Well I just finished my first day of the second quarter here at Fruitland. Christmas break went pretty fast even though we stayed home most of the time. Everyone was sick, except Crystal, but at least we got to hang out together. The girls really enjoyed their Christmas. Thanks to God and all the people at our church and even strangers the girls had a wonderful day. Pastor Bobby gave me the opportunity to teach last Wednesday night. It seemed to go pretty well. I look forward to getting to a point where I feel more comfortable and getting the opportunity to preach at different churches in the area, although I am sure it will come faster than I am ready.

I'm still waiting to see if I got a job at the bookstore here on campus, it won't be a lot of money but it will at least cover gas money back and forth to school. It was nice to see all my friends again and this is a very special place. I am hoping as the weather warms up I can find a way to get the girls up here to visit. I think they would really like it and they would love the mountains. I got my report card today and was very happy. I just pray that I can keep up the pace. I know it would be silly for me to expect to get the same grades the whole time here so I will try to keep a good attitude and not get down if my grades aren't what I want them to be. I just know how many people are helping us out, especially with the job market what it is, and that sometimes feels like the only way to demonstrate the effort that we are putting in. Realistically, I am happy with whatever I get as long as I know I did not cut corners or get lazy. I try to remember that I am here for God and He deserves everything I got; I guess as long as I give Him my best he will be happy with the results. I feel like I learned so much last quarter but I still have so much further to go.

0 comments: