BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Seeking guidance

I have been praying for guidance for a long time.  I came to Christ in the fall of 2005 and have been feeling ever since that God had a plan for my life that I have not found yet.  I had started teaching a few months prior and wondered if there was a purpose behind it.  

Less than a year later my family and I had the opportunity to transfer to NC.  We we were interested but nervous about whether it was the right place for us and I was having trouble locating a church we would like.  I spoke to our Pastor, Scott Polling, and reassured us that if God was behind our decision to move that he already had a place picked out for us.  I felt like we were supposed to go.  The very next week I found it.  It was like I knew right away that was where God wanted me to go.  I started listening to the sermons online about 6 months before we moved so I was excited to go.
When we got here and got settled in we decided to take a trip over to the church and check it out in the middle of the week.   Crystal could not believe I had picked a church so far from home.  I kept saying I wanted to try it out.  Sunday morning finally came around.  When we arrived at church we found out it was a guest speaker.  At first I was like "Oh no.", since I was anxious to hear the Pastor teach.  It turned out the speaker was a man named Mark Cahill.  He was a fantastic speaker and very fired up about the Gospel and reaching the lost.  It was like I knew instantly that this was where God wanted us.
In the past 2 1/2 years we have lived here that church has become a home to us full of beloved family members that have been such a part of our lives I can't imagine being somewhere else.  Well, in that time my job has taken a turn for the worse.  I left teaching because even though I enjoyed it I was not crazy about education for profit.  I went back into a shop which has been a heavy struggle because since I was saved I have changed a lot and I am not used to the swearing and the atmosphere in a shop.  I have never felt comfortable here and feel like it brings out the worst in me.  I have struggled since day one and never really felt like I was called to be here.  Well, with the financial crisis this country is going through I have really started seeking anything that will support my family but what I really want is something that I could both support my family and reach others for Christ.  I am happiest when I am serving our church and have previously wondered if God has been nudging me in that direction.  However I also have felt like David and don't know if I am worthy to walk that road.
Well recently I decided with the blessing of my in-laws that we would move in with them, since my paycheck is less than half of what it used to be, and go to school for my class A CDL.  That would allow me to start providing a better life for my family and have the opportunity to reach others.  I decided that I had sent out enough resumes that if God wanted me to do something else, He would let me know by the end of the summer.  Last Sunday, Palm Sunday, Pastor Bobby stopped me and told me that I had been on his mind and was wondering if I had ever thought about going into ministry.  He said he knew a school that did not require a college degree and I could transfer the credits later if I wanted to get one.  I was blown away.  Now I feel like Gideon asking, "O.K. God, if that was your sign...give me another one to let me know.   So just when I thought I had everything figured out, now I am really in turmoil.  So now I am talking to different people like he suggested to see what their call was like and asking God to guide me...

0 comments: